Are different types of trading a potential form of gambling?
The aim of this report is to understand whether different types of trading can be considered as gambling, the effect that different types of gambling may have on the perception of trading as gambling as well as provide an overview of the current literature on whether different types of trading are gambling.Download This Paper
- Cryptocurrency trading and stock trading and investing were most likely to be considered as gambling with probabilities of ~56% and ~48% respectively
- Albeit surveying a sample of non-problem gamblers different forms of trading were still considered to be gambling
- Trading and gambling share structural characteristics
- Trading can act as a form of gambling with some forms of trading being closely associated with risk for problem gambling
- Blocking access to more volatile forms of trading may be beneficial for the recovery journey of problem gamblers
Can You Contribute?
We are always on the lookout for people to aid with or offer value to our research. So, if you have something to offer, we'd love to hear from you…Get In Touch With Gamban