The smartest, most effective software in the world for blocking online gambling sites and apps
gamban® has been designed to prevent uninstallation by the user, blocking gambling – and nothing else.
You aren’t alone, thousands of people use gamban® to block access to gambling.
Millions of people around the world are experiencing gambling-related harm.
gamban® was designed in response to this growing epidemic. We recognise that blocking gambling sites and apps is the first step on the road to recovery.
That’s why if you try to access gambling online when our software is installed, we will signpost you to support services
Whether it’s money or time you want to hang on to, even if willpower slips, gamban® doesn’t.
gamban® blocks gambling sites and ONLY gambling sites, making it the least intrusive option available.
Silent and effective syncing with gamban® cloud database.
Installation of gamban® takes a few minutes and can be installed by anyone.
Use your computer as normal: gamban® blocks access to gambling sites and cannot be overridden or uninstalled.
The people behind gamban® know exactly how you feel because they’ve been there themselves
Vista, 7.0, 8.0, 10.0
OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra)
Marshmallow (6.0), Nougat (7.0), Oreo (8.0)
There is a simple way to help you take control and get your life or your business back on track by downloading the gamban® app for your mobile or installing our software on your device – fast, simple, safe.
Gambling doesn’t look like it used to. It’s affecting millions of children around the world.
With games increasingly appealing to younger audiences, it’s more important than ever for families to be aware of the risks of online gambling.
Gambling is now part of graphic-rich video games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, DOTA, Battlefront™ and FIFA. gamban® blocks only this aspect so your children can be safe – even while playing the games they enjoy.
Is your child gambling?
- Check your bank statements – a surprising number of children know their parents’ passwords and devices often allow access to payment which means your children could be spending significant amounts of money with your billing credentials.
- Monitor the amount of money your child has access to – perhaps consider a prepaid payment method or set up notifications.
- Ask to review their gaming accounts and review the assets and transactions.
- If you feel it is appropriate, inform your children of the risks.
What should parents know?
- None of the websites that facilitate gambling are affiliated with the games themselves.
- Children use skins for their characters or weapons as ‘status symbols’ to show off to their friends other gamers.
- Methods of online payment, such as PayPal, are meant for those 18 and over, but they allow anyone with a credit or debit card to set up an account.
- YouTubers (streamers) upload videos of themselves gaming and gambling with skins, enticing kids to join in.
The latest from gamban®
The relatively recent adoption of Gamban by a number of igaming operators has reignited debate about gambling blocking tools. Joanne Christie reports Given the flurry of press attention it has received recently and the company’s prolific use of social media, one could...read more
The truth is you may need more than blocking software to stop gambling online... And that's coming from us at gamban®. We say this because we understand problem gambling and we've been there ourselves. gamban® is great as a tool to help you get on the path to recovery...read more