Are You At Risk From Online Gambling?
Self-reflective questions for those at risk with online gambling
|Share this article|
Ask yourself the following questions and consider the effect gambling has on you and the people around you.
- Are you preoccupied with gambling?
- Do you forget everything else when you gamble or think about gambling?
- Do you need to bet more money more frequently in order to experience the same excitement?
- Do you become restless or irritated when you have to leave a game?
- Do you often gamble to escape worries or troubles?
- Are you more preoccupied with gambling than you or your family and friends find reasonable?
- Are you convinced that happiness will be yours, or that all your financial problems will be solved if only your winnings were big enough?
- Do you feel that it’s only a matter of patience, a question of perseverance before it’s your turn to be lucky?
- After losing, do you feel the need to return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- Do you lie in order to hide your gambling activities from your family and friends?
- Have you ever committed an illegal act, e.g. credit card fraud, theft or embezzlement, to finance your habitat?
- Have you lost, or risked losing your friends or your job, or been forced to drop out of your education, because of gambling?
- Have you been forced to rely on others, e.g. family, friends or an institution, to solve the financial difficulties which result from your gambling?
- Have you tried repeatedly to bring your gambling under control, or to stop completely, without success?
If you feel some additional help alongside Gamban would be helpful, please visit our Get Help page for links to valuable resources and other self exclusion schemes.