Are You At Risk From Online Gambling?
Ask yourself the following questions and consider the effect gambling has on you and the people around you.
Self-reflective Questions for Those at Risk with Online Gambling
|Share this article|
Ask yourself the following questions, and reflect on your relationship with gambling.
- Are you preoccupied with gambling?
- Do you forget everything else when you gamble or think about gambling?
- Do you need to bet more money more frequently in order to experience the same excitement?
- Do you become restless or irritated when you have to leave a game?
- Do you often gamble to escape worries or troubles?
- Are you more preoccupied with gambling than you or your family and friends find reasonable?
- Are you convinced that happiness will be yours, or that all your financial problems will be solved if only your winnings were big enough?
- Do you feel that it’s only a matter of patience, a question of perseverance before it’s your turn to be lucky?
- After losing, do you feel the need to return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- Do you lie in order to hide your gambling activities from your family and friends?
- Have you ever committed an illegal act, e.g. credit card fraud, theft or embezzlement, to finance your habitat?
- Have you lost, or risked losing your friends or your job, or been forced to drop out of your education, because of gambling?
- Have you been forced to rely on others, e.g. family, friends or an institution, to solve the financial difficulties which result from your gambling?
- Have you tried repeatedly to bring your gambling under control, or to stop completely, without success?
If you feel some additional help alongside Gamban would be helpful, please visit our Get Help page for links to valuable resources and other self-exclusion schemes.
Gamban can help you overcome your gambling habits, but don't just take our word for it, find out what others have said about the software bellow.
Feedback on Gamban…
“If gamban was available then it could have helped my son Ryan, who tragically committed suicide because of a gambling addiction that was allowed to spiral out of control by an uncaring industry. The industry should be made to offer gamban to their customers if they become addicted.” John Myers
“Despite promises to introduce a system where addicted gamblers can ban themselves from all online gambling sites, the industry is still dragging its heels. That’s why gamban® must be made available to everyone who needs it.” Carolyn Harris MP
“I want to thank you for creating this software. The fact that you’ve made it so affordable really shows how much you care about helping people with gambling problems. I have recently installed your software as an aid to prevent problem gambling and it’s been effective so far.” Gamban user
“Completely out the way, but nice to know the temptation is removed… I’m free” Gamban user
“I am so happy to have gamban on my android phone. It gives me a feeling of security from this horrible addiction I will help you in any way I can as I am so grateful to you for this. Thanks again for the help.” Gamban user
“Thank you so much. Such value for money. I am really pleased, I started to feel that something that started as fun was becoming addictive. Luckily I am stopping this now before it gets too out of control.” Gamban user
“Thanks again for the great programme, I think it has helped me a lot.” Gamban user
“I continue to be grateful to gamban and you in particular for your help and support. It is most appreciated. I can’t do it on my own!” Gamban user
More feedback: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gamban.com